Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Nosferatu in Hiding

I have always been a loner.

I could, most assuredly, end this post now and that 6 lines, that ends in a period would sum up everything I care to share. I HAVE always been a loner.  I was a weird kid, growing up. As it turns out, I'm still a weird kid, I just have extra quirks like a failed marriage and a gaggle of adorable, loner offspring. This blog isn't for that. It's for me. And while I'm sure, from time to time, they'll find a way into my words, I need this. I need a safe spot.

I thought, when this year began, I would never blog again. I met a man, and that man, being most smitten with me, managed to dig up old blogs and facebook posts and the like, that a very sad, false, me had riddled the internet with. It's funny how what was once solace becomes a demon in your past. I never wanted that pseudo reality to be a burden, but I also never thought I would have a life of my own.

And, so, I came back. Or, so it seems, am back for a time. Not to be specific, or poetic, or self assured... and certainly not to be false... I came to write. I need to write. And I need to leave something that's true. Even if no one ever reads it.

Here's to getting older. Here's to being a weird kid. And here is to the someone that shows us we are worth a damn.

Enjoy. x

No comments:

Post a Comment