Wednesday, August 14, 2013

To Share

I used to be able to share. 

Now even fiction seems too naked.

For all the code words and all the effort to imprint some corner of space with proof and purpose and ultimately the truth, I'm coming up afraid. Shaking in my ugly little boots, All jittery knees and sweaty palms. I'm not sure of what... Or of why... Or how it came to be that the reality of my sacred, hidden life became so hard to share... 

But at the end of the day. In the first light of morning. At 2:00PM when I'm fighting a mess in the kitchen. Anytime. It's always the same... My life, that no one sees, is too precious to entrust to anyone. Real love is fragile and needs to be protected. No one could ever grasp the beatings of my heart. Except one.

So I won't share.

No comments:

Post a Comment